Sunday, July 16, 2006

Food 01+02: Mix and Man Jia Le

You can't say that Raffles City is boring anymore. Most of the shops in the basement have already opened and I advised you to take a walk around it. Market place has became so much bigger and a large portion of the carpark probably went into it as well. There are plently of restaurants like Thai Express, Din Tai Fung and Teahouse the Asian Kitchen. And yes, our favorite icecream Ben & Jerry.

But what caught my eye was Mix. My mother bought a smoothie (wee size at $5.80) from there and we sat down on the comfortable seats that they provided. The environment was great with nice seats which looked a great deal more comfortable than the ones at Ben & Jerry. They even provide free internet surfing at the two PC there. The drink we ordered was really brilliant with fruits like strawberry and banana with yogurt thrown in. They also offer sandwiches and other nice nice food.

I thought their concept is lovely and their idea for the cup size (wee, wow, woah!) is cute. Though it is more on the expensive side, it sure won't kill you to at least try it once.

Rating: 7/10

Before I met up with my mum at raffles city, my sister and I were shopping at Far Esat Plaza. Feeling very thirsty, I dragged my sister to the basement for a drink where she discovered Man Jia Le which has a few newspaper cuttings on its drinks, in particular, Yuan Yang and Nai Chai (milk tea). So I tried their Hong Kong Milk Tea ($1.80) while my sister tried the Yuan Yang ($2).

The nai chai is good but after drinking the real thing in Hong Kong last year, especially after the one that is highly recommended in HK itself, this is nothing. I still can't find any that can best that. The nai chai at Man Jia Le is better than the usual singapore standard but nothing exciting. The yuan yang is great though.

Rating: 6.5/10 If I didn't had that ultra nice nai chai in HK, I would have given them a much higher score.

Both Mix and Man Jia Le are nice but go to Man Jia Le if you want cheap and nice drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment