Monday, September 22, 2008

20th Century Boys

20th Century Boys is coming to Singapore screens soon! I saw the poster for it yesterday at Jurong East Mrt Station.


Bad english subs but it's the only one I could find.

20th Century Boys is a best-selling manga by my favourite mangaka, Naoki Urasawa. The movie I have heard that it will stick closely to the manga. Which is great as the manga is EPIC. This is a trilogy.

Short Summary: Millions of people all over the world has succumbed to a virus released by terrorist in 1997. However, a loser by the name of Kenji sees something very familiar in what is happening. He realised belatedly that he has drawn out the entire scenario when he was a child! It is now up to him and his childhood friends to stop the mysterious figure, Friend and his cult from destroying the world.

This is my lousy summary of the thriller film. It is much better than what I had written here and I would strongly encouraged anyone who would like to watch this film to not read the manga now. The spoilers may ruin the twists the plot throws at you.

20th Century Boys would be shown in Singapore GV on the 16th Oct.

No comments:

Post a Comment