Sunday, September 14, 2008

Food Review: Hua Yi Kitchen

Dried Beef Noodles

stewed beef dried noodles

Tucked away in a corner at the International Building, it's hard to find the shop unless you know beforehand that it is there. Hua Yi Kitchen serves Shanghainese food, I went there on the recommendation of my cousin.

Food
I must have ordered the wrong dishes for I did not feel the food is worth any recommend. The stewed beef dried noodles (see above) was not to my liking. It was too salty though they did serve a healthy serving of the stewed beef. The noodles, which if I am not wrong are hand made by them, are thick and filling. There is also a small lump of salted vegetables.

Wanton Noodles
Wanton mee


The wanton noodles on the other hand was considerably much better. It comes with seaweed, 5 wantons and some lettuces. The soup was ordinary but drinking it made me thirsty.

Ambiance
Not much of an atmosphere since it is a tiny eating place.

Service
Very brisk but we were the only customers there at 2pm.

Price
The prices seemed to have increased since my cousin last visited it as the two dishes now cost $6 each which is quite typical of food of this sort cost. A bowl of hot and sour cost around $2.50.

Rating: 5.5/10

Like I say, I seemed to have ordered the wrong dishes. Perhaps, the guo tie or xiao long bao will be a much better choice?

Hua Yi Kitchen is located at #02-11 International Building 360 Orchard Road 238869

No comments:

Post a Comment