Saturday, September 13, 2008

Food Review: White Dog Cafe

Strange chicken soup


I have already been to White Dog Cafe once before but did not write a review as I did not have my camera along. This review is for the lunch set.

note: dish names may be wrong as I ate there last week.

Food

Rather disappointing. The chicken consommé did not look like how it was depicted in the photo that the waitress shown us. To order creamy mushroom or seafood soup, you will have to top up with $4. The garlic bread is also too small.

Pork

I ordered grilled pork with buttered rice. If you want to change your rice to french fries, you will need to top up with $1 or $2. The serving was amazing small. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I'm famished but the portion of pork and rice look really small to me. The taste of the pork was forgettable.

Fish

My partner ordered Breaded Fish with buttered rice. When dipped into the garlic cream sauce provided, the breaded fish tasted surprising good. If you do not know what to order at White Dog Cafe during lunch, order the breaded fish.

Ambiance
I have only been there during lunch. But of the two times I' have been there, I saw families with children there. This is a family-friendly restaurant. If you would like to have a romantic time with your loved one, perhaps going at night would be better.

Service
Bad. The service of this restaurant goes down hill whenever there's a crowd. I suspect this is due to the lack of staff. There always more plates to be served than free staff to go around. The soup was served after an amazing long time. Not only that the staffs forgotten to give us a jar of water! As we were in a rush to catch a movie, we just finished our meal quickly and drank our own water bottle.

Price
The price is fairly reasonable. Everything on the lunch set menu goes for $10.80 (gst and service charge not included) with the soup and a choice of tea or coffee provided. That is assuming if you do change your soup or rice.

I would return only because this is one of the most affordable restaurant in vivo city and that I have yet to try the baked rice.

Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment