Monday, October 20, 2008

Food Review: Food Anytime

The Mei Heong Yuen Dessert franchises has been take over by a new management, Food Anytime and is not no longer associated with the its stall in Chinatown.

I have tried the Mei Heong Yuen Dessert franchise at Hougang Mall before. Their mango pomelo with sago was terrible. So when I heard about Food Anytime, I was sceptical.

Mango sago

I was surprised by the Mango Pomelo with Sago. The mango puree was thick and creamy, and the mango cubes are sweet and delicious. I find that there was too much ice though. It still loses out to Ah Chew's Mango Sago and Pomelo.

Cold Egg pudding with Ginger
We also ordered two egg puddings (warm and cold). The cold egg pudding with ginger was smooth. However the taste of ginger is overwhelming. After taking the first few bites, the combined taste of the egg pudding and the ginger made it hard for me to finish the dish. As it was the first time I have eaten this dessert, I have no idea if this dish was supposed to taste this way.

On the other hand, the hot egg pudding without ginger tasted like a egg dish that my mum used to cook. My sister (who has also never eaten it before) commented that it was rather like chawanmushi.

Rating: 6.5/10 (I'm not quite sure what to make of the egg pudding, so only the mango pomelo is rated for this review)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! just wanted to share this nugget of information with you.

The original Mei Heong Yuen dessert stall is at Temple Street Chinatown, while the ones at Junction 8, Hougang Mall and Anchorpoint were franchises.
The franchises have changed management to Food Anytime and is no longer associated with Mei Heong Yuen.

T__T said...

I see. That makes more sense actually. Thanks.

Post a Comment