Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight: The people have spoken

When USAweekend conducted a poll a few weeks ago to decide whether Harry Potter or Twilight series were better, they did not expect the flurries of response by Socrates, Jane Austen, Karl Marx, Dean Winchester, Al Gore, Darth Vader and many famous others condemning travesty that was Twilight.

When the men of Athens read Twilight, they sentenced me to death.


Posted by: Socrates


Twilight is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

Posted by: Karl Marx


The more I see of Twilight, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all its characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.

Posted by: Jane Austen


Twilight made me do it.


Posted by: Darth Vader


So this is how braincells die-- with thunderous applause.


Posted by: Padmé Amidala


The 66th seal is broken. Lucifer has sent Twilight into the world.


Posted by: Dean Winchester


Twilight is responsible for Global Warming.


Posted by: Al Gore


I chose Twilight because its female lead makes me look competent and smart--not to mentional a leap forward for feminists in comparison! Gosh darnit!

~*~*~*Sarah Palin in 2012~*~*~

Posted by: Sarah Palin in 2012


And finally,

I, in fact, single-handedly killed the Cullen cult; Renesmee was a bit tricky to handle, being biologically impossible, but with a bit of ingenuity and my dazzling smile, she was easily taken off! You can read about my exploits in my latest book (including how Bella tried to seduce me, but I don't blame her, most women act like that around me) "Culling the Cullens."

Posted by: Gilderoy Lockhart

No comments:

Post a Comment