Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Today's Lunch: Frikadellen and Pasta

Spaghetti Bolognese

I decided to cook Spaghetti Bolognese and Frikadellen for lunch today with my sister. Spaghetti Bolognese is really easy to make. Even a person like me can cooked a reasonably delicious bolognese. Although I admit I cheated by buying ready made sauce.

FrikadellenThe Frikadellen (German Meat Patties), however, was a failure. I think it was because that I left my bread soaking in the water for over 15 minutes - I was busy frying the onions - and that it was the first time I tried to pan-fry anything that is not onions and mushrooms.

The result was a sad lump of beef that couldn't stay together. My sister (no thanks) steadfastly refused to consume the brown mess. I have to say that I was mildly surprised that it was actually edible and did not taste too horribly for a first attempt. I'll probably try to cook this agian. But only when I have the money to buy more minced beef. Beef from NTUC is really expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment