Thursday, August 27, 2009

Amirah's Grill: Get the Special Set Menu

Dips

Hummus & Baba Ganoush dips with Pita and Garlic bread.

Amirah's Grill is a restaurant that sells middle east and western cuisine. They offer a lunch set buffet from 12pm to 4pm which is actually quite worth it. However, on Peaz's advice, I decided to try the Special Set Menu at $25.

The Special Set Menu comes with the following:
1)Choice of chicken or mushroom soup
2)Pita and garlic bread
3)Hummus and Baba Ganoush (dips)
4)Any one main course
5)Any cold or hot drink
6)1 scoop of ice cream, french cream caramel or Egyptian basbousa

I made a fatal mistake of taking the chicken soup (No photos. They are too terrible! It did not occur to me to use flash until the main course). I advise anyone who try this set menu to avoid the soup. There is a lump of jelly coagulating; evidence of flour not mixed well in the soup. Aside from that, there is shredded egg but few bits of chicken. In my opinion, the mushroom soup with its variety of mushroom is a better option.

For the drink, I chose banana shake while peaz took the mango juice. Both are decent. Next up, Hummus and with the pita and garlic bread (for the soup!). This is the first time I have eaten middle eastern cuisine so I wasn't quite prepared for the Hummus (Chickpeas). I didn't really like it and preferred the Baba Ganoush (eggplant) while Peaz liked the Hummus. I suppose it is a matter of personal taste.

Beef tenderloin Kebab
Beef tenderloin Kebab

For my main course, I tried the beef tenderloin kebab. The meat is tender and juicy although there are lumps of fat for some parts. I also chose roasted potatoes over rice. It prove to be a good decision as the potato are yummy.

Norwegian Salmon
Norwegian Salmon

Peaz ordered the Norwegian Salmon, a big meaty chunk which she claims to be delicious (I don't know. I hate salmon) but drier than before. She also finds the mushrooms in this dish to be too salty. Having tasted some of her abandoned mushrooms, I concurred.

French Caramel
French Cream Caramel

Finally we have the dessert where Peaz made the wise choice of picking the ice cream. While I have never eaten the French Cream Caramel, I do not know how it is suppose to taste like but it is too sweet for me.

Amirah's Grill is a good place to try middle eastern cuisine. The set menu is quite worth it and comes up to $27.50 after 10% service charge (no gst). For any photographers: the interior of the restaurant is quite dark and not conducive for photography unless you use flash.

Amirah's Grill is located at 14 Bussorah Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment